Repeated inputs on a Database

Hi everyone!
I am trying to create an app where the users will be able to add new items by themselves using a custom form. The issue I am having is that the database is saving repeated inputs. For example, lets say user “A” created a product called “Product one”. I managed to make it so that no other user could upload a product with that name, but if, for example, user “B” uploads a product called “Product One”, then the system understands it is a different product. I think the reason is that all the text properties of the Databases are case sensitive, so my question is, is there anyway to make a text property case insensitive? So that the system understand that “Product one”, “product one” and “Product One” are all the same product?
Thank you in advance!!!
PS: Right now the solution I found to make sure no user put the same product twice is to make that text input a lowercase type, but as you can imagine, it affects the UI. Here is the link to my app in case you need it. https://previewer.adalo.com/809ec122-715f-4cd2-a63b-0c15f2e08891

Hi @Mateounited,

I can think of 2 options here:

1. You can use external service (like Integromat) to convert the proposed item name to lowercase/uppercase for example, and use the result as a unique item name. Then, before creating each new item, you do the same conversion and check the uniqueness.

2. You can try to use “Contains” instead of “Is equal”: it is not case sensitive (just discovered this - surprise for me). Please see here: Case insensitive comparison?

Best regards, Victor.

Thank you very much for your answer @Victor,
The second option does not work (contains featured), because some products have a very similar name (ex: “chanel 3” and “chanel 3 waterproof”), so if the product chanel is created then the chanel 3 waterproof will not work because it contains the name of chanel 3.
But I will definitely try the external service, is Integromat similar to Parabola?
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Mateounited,

Didn’t see parabola, to be honest :slight_smile:
Did you manage to make it work with Integromat?

Best regards, Victor.