Responsive or full screen video

Absolutely! Im glad i could be helpful! The forums have been a great place for me to learn from others, so Im glad you feel that way! If you get stuck on something, just ask!

1 Like

you’re a legend :trophy: :clap:, your help just saved me a lot of sweat and tears!!! I’ll update my success pic(s) here when i get a chance

Here is a cloneable app. It has the timer, button and the fullscreen video. Works for me just fine on all screens.It also autoplays on my side in the preview. When I change device it no longer autoplays, however the first preview always autoplays in my side which make me assume that it will autoplay on mobile once it is built.

https://previewer.adalo.com/ec8298bf-0003-4749-bd63-1b6c02731999

2 Likes

@Edward thanks so much for your input(and the shared previewer app), the husky clip is so dope!!!, wow man, it looks so crisp and clean brother! :star_struck: :trophy:

i tried something slightly similar, but i had a very tiny video screen showing, so i blew up the entire screen just to play around with it… I’m doubtful what I did will work beyond previewer mode because ive stretched it waaaay beyond the screen and onto the white canvas :rofl: :joy:, so i’m going with yours as the proportions seem much more realistic!!,

note: the only reason i had stretched the plyr so far beyond the mobile app screen ( and onto the white canvas) was because i had seen something done similarly in the Giran clone app (for real estate), which won a prize on adalo for ingenuity or something like that… i cloned that app and thought wow why did the builders go with components stretched far off the mobile app screen and onto the white canvas :flushed: :astonished: :open_mouth: :thinking:, but it ran well (on previewer and I don’t know if it ever got published live to any appstores)

in the meantime, here’s my poorly setup attempt:

1 Like

@sasha No problem at all. I’m happy to contribute to the community as for me this is a way of giving back because I had some awesome fellow nocoders helping me here before.

The trick of extending the player beyond the canvas seems to be a good idea as it would fill the whole screen. I just amended my example :slight_smile: I guess if your video allows you to extend it a little beyond the canvas it could work just fine.

1 Like

thanks @Edward :clap: :clap:

i tracked that Giran clone down and thought i’d share purely for posterity, also their stretching is modest, mine is ridiculous :rofl:

here it is: https://previewer.adalo.com/a4dc43ec-1a94-4af6-9d14-1c7b50fc5d14

let’s keep winning!, to infinity and beyond!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.