Playsinline through web view

Hello,

I’m wanting to display a video stream in the web view component, but when I click on it, the video moves to full screen mode. I need it to stay in the window because I have elements that should display on top while the video is playing.

Here are my questions:

1. Is this an issue with iOS playing the video in fullscreen by default? And if so, is there a way I can override this in my HTML file? I have tried to use the attribute “playsinline” numerous ways and it’s not working.

2. Or is this an issue with Adalo’s web view not allowing the override? And if so, is there a way I can override this? Or is there another component I can use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could the Pragmaflow Better Web view component be what I need? Since it allows you to use HTML instead of a URL, would I be able to add the playsinline code?

Way outside of my lane on this one. Hoping there is someone who knows and can guide me into getting this installed if it is the right solution.

Thanks!

Is there anyone with Pragmaflow on the forum? Would love to ask them if their web view is what I need.

Thank you.

Hey Matt @get-the-memo,

Unfortunately Pragmaflow has stopped working on Adalo a while ago for some reason. You may try to reach them via their website.

In regards to your original question - did you try to put a transparent rectangle over a webview component? It should prevent the webview from getting click focus. Maybe this could work for you.

Best,
Victor.

Thank you @Victor

The stream needs to be clicked to begin playing. If there is a way that I can make it “auto play” then I assume your idea might work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.