Shop conversations

I have created an simple marketplace where users can create items to sell and all users can see them.
Inside details there is the option to “contact with” to start a chat between user and creator of item.

What I want is a Conversations screen where I can see the a list with diferents conversations sorted by items…

I’ve been using the chat tutorial but I don’t want a button to create a new conversation, because that button is inside every item and it goes link to a chat screen

Hi Danny,

You would need 2 different collections. 1 x collection for the list of different chats (maybe called ‘chats’) and 1 x collection for messages (maybe called ‘chat messages’).

The ‘chats’ collection should have a relationship to the ‘users’ collection and a relationship to the ‘chat messages’ collection. The ‘chats’ collection should have a ‘to’ and ‘from’ field and they should be the user fields. The ‘chat messages’ collection should also have ‘to’ and ‘from’ fields which are for users.

Using these collections should allow you to have a list of different conversations and then you can use the chat to load another screen where you can load messages.

So the first button you press would be creating a new ‘chat’ and then when you are in the chat messages screen the buttons you use will create a ‘chat message’.

I hope this makes sense. Please feel free to reach out if you have any queries.

Thank you, it’s working.

It was complicated because the conversation is created from an Item in shop, so I had to create a relationship between items and chats… so in the chat list I could use the item foto…

Was difficult to get that point but now is working jaja thank you so much

No worries, glad you got it working. Feel free to reach out if you have any further queries.

Yea thank you…

The point now, is that it’s working, I even create a read status button, delete chat etc… and everything is good…

But for some reason the preview show me the last version :sob::sob: it’s not updating my chat screen
Any idea??? Because is frustrating having something and can’t preview or test it…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.