Showing Multiple Collection Fields in the Same Dropdown

Hey there!

So, I have a database collection of locations with various fields (for this example, each location will have a unit number and a tenant).

I have a dropdown that allows the user to select a unit, but I want it to display both the Unit AND the tenant there. The unit and tenant are always associated with each other in each record.

I know this probably isn’t possible, but if anyone has any recommendations on how to make this happen, please let me know!

Thanks.

Could you create another field that contains a concatenation of tenant and the unit that is populated/updated at the same time as either of the others?

That’s my current idea, but I haven’t found a good way to update current records en-masse, so that would be difficult to implement.

You can do the mass update as follows:

1. Add a true/false field called “done” to you locations collection.
  2. Create a temporary screen with a custom list made of all locations [max records say 20] where status done is false.
  3. Add a back button.
  4. Add the countdown component to the list element with a 3 second countdown and as action when finished add [update current item concatenated field with unit number+tenant] and [set “done” true].
  5. Link to that screen temporarily from a button somewhere

What will happen is every time you go to that screen the update will trigger for the records shown. If you repeatedly go to that screen it will eventually update all the records. Adjust the timer and the no of records in the list according to your speed of updating an Adalo collection (depends on your location, time of day etc) so you do the maximum in one visit to the screen.

I’ll give this a try, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.