Signature not displaying in Image component

Hi, I’m struggling to display a signature in an image component. I have a signature, which was created using the signature component. The signature has been saved in text field in base64 format. For the image component, I have set the image source as URL and specified the signature field (text/Base64) as the source. When I do this, the signature does not display in the image component. If however I paste the Base64 text in the image component’s URL source field, the signature displays. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

This appears to be a bug. The magic text should function exactly the same as pasting it in manually there. I have reported it to the team.

1 Like

Same here.

I tried opening the image as an external link by giving the image URL as the target link, I get a blank page in the browser. If I paste the image URL directly in browser starting from ‘date:image…’ it shows up accurately. So clearly image is being stored correctly.

Good to see progress made on the component after I posted about it at launch here. Hope this last step will also be resolved as its a really useful component.

Update : I’ve used the Web-View component instead of the image component to display the signature ‘image URL’. Its working. Web-view needs to be resized a little bit on your screen to at least equal the size of the signature-pad on the ‘Signature’ Component to avoid the ugly scroll-bars we normally see on the Web-View sometimes.

The Image Component, however, still doesn’t display the signature from ‘image URL’.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s awesome! It’s not perfect as you’ve highlighted, but a whole lot better than no image. It’s a pity you can’t crop a web view component.

Not crop, but resize

To clarify, you can resize a Webview component - if that’s what you mean that you couldn’t do it.
Just drag and drop into an app screen, then resize using any of the corners or the edges.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.