Slight bug with the Google Login

So I LOVE the fact that users can now register and log in with their Google ID- it makes the signup process quicker and increases user trust :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

The only problem is after successful sign in I have a step where the user record in Adalo gets updated with the “First Name” and “Last Name” data received from Google into 2 SEPARATE corresponding fields in my Adalo table using the Google magic text but Adalo just ignores what I’ve chosen and puts both names in my First Name field (which was the original “Name” field when the db was set up).

Any suggestions how to fix that?

2 Likes

Can you show some screenshots of the setup so I can take a look to see if I can identify the issue.

Sure.

Here’s the setup:

The “First Name” and “Last Name” magic text are from Google Sign in returned fields.

Here’s the actual sign in:

…and here’s what gets stored in the database:

Are you certian that in your google account it is not setup that your first name is “Speakup Boy” with your last name as blank?

I’ve tested it multiple times and it works fine on my end.

Hi Colin- nope-it’s def separate in my Google profile:

I have made a ticket for the dev team to look in to this further.

1 Like

One minor thing with the Google and Apple buttons is the icons and “Continue with” text aren’t consistent (when using left justify). It would be nice if they lined up better. I can push the google text out but the icon is still off.

1 Like

Ooft! Nice eyes! I will send the feedback to the design team!

The dev team has tested this on your app and on our internal testing apps and this is working correctly. The dev ticket for the lastname has been closed.

This has also been updated today too (the styling of the 2 buttons).

1 Like

SO MUCH BETTER! Thank you for the fast turnaround @ashley

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.