Speech to text help!

Hey all,

Is it possible to set up a speech to text for inputting values into a field, e.g. a location input field.

Ideally I want it to initialise a search and save the result.

Also, does anyone know if you can create a voice command that would invoke an app and initialise the the speech to text input feature?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @stuz1987,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

You could do this with a API but the issue is that, a component for record what the user says is not available in Adalo unfortunately! You can vote here : Record audio | Voters | Adalo

Also @gskachkov has created a component for this called Audio Recorder! : https://itsmi.store/

With the use of this component you can use a API to convert the given audio! Some API’s : OpenAI API , Speech-to-Text: Automatic Speech Recognition  |  Google Cloud

Thank you

1 Like

Yes, it is possible,
You can use the already existed component Audio Record component with a connection to Google Cloud, and I’ve played with voice input a little bit.
It relies on native mobile features and supports different languages English and French:

Please ping me in DM if you are interested in any of these components.

2 Likes

Thank you @dilon_perera :slight_smile:

Hi @gskachkov, yes I am definitely interested, I have just been playing around with functionality to see if I can get my app working the way I want to. I have also been playing around with GCP APIs, but am struggling to get it usable. Do you have accompanying documentation?

Do you know if it is possible to create an action to be able to run a custom voice command in the app if the phone is locked? Like how you call google assistant or Siri?

Thank you

Stuart

I’ve just used documentation for GCP API from the Internet :-), but I needed to work only with one API endpoint.
In general, it is possible to replace to Google Assistant with own voice control component. I know this was done already by Alexa and Samsung Bixby, but it is a lot of work, and I don’t think this task for the NoCode solution. I would start from easier task inside of own application

Ah ok. Thank you for your help.

Would you suggest the easiest way to do it for an MVP be via your Voice Recorder and GCP API? Or would you suggest something else?

I am keen to show how my app could work really, so I want to show it in action with a real example.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.