Square Payments

You’re right @Zwood. The links only apply to items already existing within the square account.

So that leads me to my next question: Are you adding the services or are the users adding services?

What you can do is create an item via API whenever a new service is added, you don’t need a payment token for that. You just need your Access Token (aka your API key). Though, I’m not sure if you’re able to get the payment link via API to update the internal database’s URL parameter that we’d use.

I don’t think this would work in many cases as you may need many items to add to a “cart” and then checkout. The payment links are to checkout for specific products/services individually.

@Flawless So, I myself will be adding services to the app, per business owner request. If they offer a service that’s similar to Lyft then they may do so, if they offer services like Instacart or doordash then they may as well. In this case the “Instacart”, “doordash” services require stores those stores can be considered as a sub service options from the main service option (grocery delivery or restaurant delivery). Then the grocery items or menu items will be the actual items. Obviously I cannot expect my business owners to create a checkout link for 10,000+ times individually. The app will calculate the total the customer needs to pay the business owner for any service they provide. This includes calculating the total cost of all items (if any) all delivery and service fees and tips. The information needed sent to square is the service selected, the store that was selected (if any) and the total dollar amount of items added to the cart (if any) and of course the funds that were paid by the customer immediately transferred to the square account for immediate use to perform such service if necessary. In return I need square to send data back to the app so the business owner may view charts and other records to manage their business on the go. Square will essentially become the payment gateway as well as payroll management and report analytics. I’m using Adalo to build a system square does not support in other words, you can book an appointment (service) with square but you may not add any items (grocery items/ restaurants menu items) to that service. Adalo is my way of getting square to process what needs to be processed based on how the business operates.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.