Star rating database

I am having troubles with star rating component. I am trying to make an interactive star review. I am not sure that I am setting the database correctly.

The menu asks ( What property does this set?)

I click on it and it says “Nothing available”

The star rating video on Youtube seems different from the actual star rating component in the marketpalce.

I think we should have an updated video on star rating component.

2 Likes

@Sam022 I was searching for insight on another topic, but came across your issue and noticed no one responded. Its been a while…have you figured out the starring system yet? I’ve implemented it pretty decently in my app and even figured out a way to utilize bar graphs to show the number of 5-stars vs 4-stars vs 3-stars, etc. I can share my setup if you still have questions.

No I actually have not. I cut out the star rating from my app.

I am quite busy with other things. I will try to figure it out later.

Hi, I want to implement the same but If can help me setting up database.

What i am building is:
I am listing products for sale, user can leave review after payment and it will reflect on each product page.

Can you please help me out? Thank you!

The star rating component is a Create/Update component, meaning it requires a value to update.

What I usually do is add the Star rating component and set it to create the rating when clicked. Then, a review modal appears with an input box so that the user can type the review.

I also add a true/false parameter to the review collection called “Published” and I only set this to true after the user has typed in the review input field.

On the review list that displays, I set the reviews to display if Published is equal to true.