Struggling with variables

Hi, I’ve a set of variables (Id about items in collections).

So let’s say:
I’ve a collection of first names named “FirstNames”:
properties are: First_name, id
3 records
Pascal, 1
Marc, 2
John, 3

In a screen setup just for variables, i’ve a field name FirstId with a default value set to 2.
In a text field on this screen, i use the magic text to get the value from my field named FirstId
I’ve a list as well displaying the collection “FirstNames”
This list is filtered by the Id equals the field FirstId of my page.
So this is working well. The list displays only “Marc”.

Now on another page, i’ve the same list. In the filtering, i select the property ID equals “FirstId” from another screen.

And this is just nor working. It works if i go on the variable page then come back. But the data is not pulled automatically.

What I want to achieve is:

When a guy enters on the app, i want to update his record with a value that i’ve set in a variable. For example, let’s say this app is in English. In the User collection, i’ve added a property named language in which 1 is for English. So when the guy lands on the page, I want to update the property language to 1. To do this i need to have set a variable to 1 to be able to refer it in the update action.

I’m not sure if this is the help you need, but when you click on a screen, (via Screens tab) open the actions tab, and add the action.

Yes, i know but it doesnt change anything in my case. My variables are on an independant screen and i want to use these in formulas and magic text on other screen.

I’m building an app for 10 days now and i find many glitch… it’s quite buggy, isn’t it ? For ex,
I’ve a picture in database. Sometimes it’s displayed, sometimes not. same screen, same context.

I still haven’t figured out how to do that yet. but I do know how to link data to other screens if that’s what you need help with.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.