I’m so confused!
I’m creating an app where the person has a 7 day trial. After that, then there is a monthly subscription involved.
What is the easiest way to do this?
Google Play/Apple Store - Do I have to use Google pay or can I use just stripe? If I use stripe - do I have to fill out the info on Google play console as stripe is an independent component?
Hello, I think in a mobile app (especially in android apps), it’s better to use the IAP, because sometimes using external APIs to process payments instead of in-app purchases, especially for in-app digital products or goods, may be against rules for your respective app store.
Google Play’s billing system must not be used in cases where:
- payment is primarily:
- for the purchase or rental of physical goods (such as groceries, clothing, housewares, electronics);
- for the purchase of physical services (such as transportation services, cleaning services, airfare, gym memberships, food delivery, tickets for live events); or
- a remittance in respect of a credit card bill or utility bill (such as cable and telecommunications services);
- payments include peer-to-peer payments, online auctions, and tax exempt donations;
- payment is for content or services that facilitate online gambling, as described in the Gambling Apps section of the Real-Money Gambling, Games, and Contests policy;
- payment is in respect of any product category deemed unacceptable under Google’s Payments Center Content Policies.
Thank you - I guess I will set up Google Pay and Apple pay.
I guess you would only set up stripe if you were distributing the app without the play/apple store?
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.