The Component Marketplace is Live!

@anon78309838 how do we add images to the Slider Deck Component?

@chrisv see Colin’s post above: The Component Marketplace is Live! - #20 by anon78309838

@Ben @anon78309838 nice!!

1. how do I connect right swipe action on Slider Deck component so it appears on user’s custom list?

2. how do I prevent a user from seeing a record again after they’ve swiped it?

3. how do I allow them to see it again if they’ve passed on the record?

4. how do I avoid duplicate records from showing in a user’s custom list?

1. Create a record on swipe action to a collection and then create a list for that user that shows that collection and filtered by the logged in user.

2. Create a many to many relational property on the user collection to the collection being swiped. Call it “Reacted”. On left and right swipe actions, create new action to update the logged in user and add the current card to the Reacted field.

Then filter the deck to not show items that the user has reacted to.

1. That depends. What triggers them to see it again? Is it time passed? Is it how many times they have swiped?

2. Create a condition on the action that is creating records so that if the record already exists, not to create another record.

1 Like

Thanks! How do you perform step 4?

Create a condition on the action that is creating records so that if the record already exists, not to create another record.

And how do I limit the deck if they’ve swiped more than x number of times?

On any action there is an “advanced” button that gives you the ability of setting a condition of when this will happen

As for the second question. You can create a new filter or conditional action based on the “Logged In User > Reacted > Count is less than x”

That’s great, but is there any chance to have an alternatives to “react native” for developers using Kotlin or other frameworks ?

Not at this time, sorry.

What is being done to ensure that Components have Docs/Tutorials in place before they are added to the marketplace so that users can learn how to use them, and not guess there way through things @David?

2 Likes

Hi Tony,

This is being worked on, expect an announcement soon!

1 Like

Do you have a way to contact the builders of current components? I’ve been trying to figure out the Calendar Strip component with no luck, and there is no docs, no way to contact the dev or anything.

1 Like

What are you stuck on with it, perhaps I can run through it quickly and make a short video.

Basically getting it to work at all. I’d like to have it on top of a list of events, and have it so that when a day is clicked on it, it gets the list to only show events matching that date.

It doesn’t appear that this component was designed in a way to be used in that regard. (As a screen input variable).

There is possibly a workaround by using the action to create or update a record that that date variable and then filter the list with that variable. (You will have to use some relationship here to link it)

Weird, not sure what other purpose it would have… too bad we can’t contact the dev.

I tried to get it to update a record that had a date in it, but that didn’t seem to work.

We are in the process of making some plans and strict rules and regulations surround custom components. Including the necessity to provide support on them.

Hey Tony,

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to do but can’t you just have the calendar strip record the selected day in the “user” collection…let’s call it “selected day”.

Then have the list filter based off of that data.

You could also have that data reset when the user initially goes to that screen to make sure its not still using old data.

Yes that is correct, I can’t get that to work.

any update on this? I am tryin to show a listed based on the selected date on the calendar strip but cant seem to