The stopwatch keeps making my app freeze. (major issue)

I have a screen with a stopwatch component (a vanilla Adalo stopwatch). If I start the stopwatch and then switch apps (keeping my Adalo app open but just not in memory), when I come back to my Adalo app the stopwatch is still running (correctly) but I can’t pause it or press any other buttons on that page. The app is totally frozen at this point. I would share screen shots but it’s hard to capture a frozen screen.

In particular: when I switch apps while on any screen that does NOT have a stopwatch on it, everything is fine. AND, when I switch apps from a screen with a stopwatch on it things are fine AS LONG AS the stopwatch is not running. However, if I start the stopwatch and leave the app (for a couple minutes), then the app will be frozen when I return even though the stopwatch is still running.

Anyone else see this? This is a pretty MAJOR and urgent issue for my app, any help would be appreciated!

Note: Importantly, the freezing seems to only occur if I’ve left the app for a couple minutes (or more).
Another Note: After further testing, it seems to be the case that once the stopwatch has a sufficiently high value (e.g. more than a minute or two), then switching apps for ANY amount of time will mean that the adalo app is frozen when I return. Also seems to be fine in preview mode on my iphone — the issue occurs when testing the native app with testflight.

This is highly reproducible and a MAJOR issue with this very basic component and would appreciate a swift response from @Adalo_CXTeam since this issue is singlehandedly and rapidly encouraging me to leave adalo due to the presence of major bugs on several basic components.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.