🏛 Town Hall - March 2022

I think what was said regarding communication is that we won’t be announcing specific dates right now. That hasn’t served us, or our community, well in the past so it’s something we are moving forward with. Maybe sometime down the road we can broadcast more specific dates, but not now. Instead, you will know what our “Big Rocks” are. Our 6 week sprints consist of work toward those Big Rocks (David is writing a blog post that will go more into detail about this). Depending on the Big Rock, sometimes things will ship after those short cycles, and sometimes they will ship all at once. For instance, I have seen all of the location features “shipped” behind the flag. They aren’t publicly available yet, but they’ve “shipped” in the sense that the six week cycle is up and they completed that specific project for that particular feature related to location. Once we launch location, all of those things will be available. But that will work differently depending on the different Big Rock. Web App upgrades won’t be launched all at once, but will likely be updated after those shorter cycles.

Yes, location will be the first to release. He said it should be released in “weeks not months”. It’s really close, but we aren’t putting a date to it because we aren’t going to launch it premature, or have to tell our community that we haven’t hit our arbitrary date we picked. Nonetheless, it’s coming soon.

I don’t feel like I can speak to your pricing question about geolocation. It appears that they are baking it into the system like visibility, actions, etc. But that’s why we gave the link. I recommend scheduling a call with David and asking him that question yourself about geolocation. That would be something he would really like to hear your opinion about. He could probably answer your other questions about geolocation too.

Can you elaborate more on your two concerns about web apps and nested arrays and maybe form some of your thoughts into questions? I’ll see what I can do about finding an answer.

Your priorities are aligned with our priorities, for the most part. Geolocation is coming first, then versioning (it’s more popular at ideas.adalo.com than web), then web apps, and API enhancements will be addressed in project ready made.

In regard to the app academy, no developers are working on that, so our developers aren’t “wasting time” on the app academy. It’s primarily our education and community team: Patrick (who makes our educational material and updates our help documentation), me, and our Partnership Director Barrett. None of us can work on location, performance, versioning, or anything that involves any type of development.

Again, David has opened up his schedule, and I recommend sharing some of these thoughts with him. Calendly - David Adkin

Edit: I should have used the quote feature :man_facepalming: sorry. I hope you could follow along with what I was responding to.

5 Likes