"Undefined" in form dropdown list (used feature template)

I have attached three images to provide information and maybe get help with my problem. The dropdown list in the form shows undefined for the other users and the only option is my email. Meanwhile, I don’t want it to show emails, instead I want the list to go by full names. So I want to fix both of these issues, but I am throwing in the towel as I have spent a day trying to look for a solution.

image_2024-03-16_170429443

With the current constraints of Adalo, you would need to have a separate page with a list of users and a toggle to not have the email appear. There are, if I remember, paid components that allow you to customize the dropdown further but I believe this was the workaround we have been using.

1 Like

Ok sounds good, I will try doing that. But what could be the solution for the “undefined” text in the dropdown list within the form? In the case I can’t get the dropdown to list full names, I would at least be able to keep a list that showcases the emails of users.

Is there a user with the email section blank? Undefined only appears when theres an empty variable

No, that isn’t the case as users are required to provide an email when signing up. I find it odd how the only selection that is undefined is my email. I tested it with a different account, and it had the same result. So for some reason, the only email that is undefined in the list, is the users own email. As to why that is, I do not know…

Check which property has been selected in the dropdown!

As default the first property in the collection will be selected and your first property might be empty for some records.

I can’t do that sadly, as I used the Announcements & Notifications feature template for the notification components and form and the dropdown is part of the form so I cannot edit it that in depth. The only thing I did change is the layout and the menu side bar (which would have nothing to do with the issue I am having anyways).

In the collection drag the property you need be shown to the very top.

Like this is the default :

but if you like to show name then drag the name property to the top :

Yup that seemed to do it, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.