Updating Data When it Relationship Field

Hi

I have created a for to create a business, and it has the owner which is a relationship field to property details and user, it creates the new business record however it does not update the relationships fields which I have to create one is owner and other is creator which is current user logged in.
I know it has something to do with the fields and update command however I can not see the relationship filed in the create function.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Hi, would it be possible to share your workflow so that I can understand the issue better?

Lingyan,
Thanks, I have managed to understand it by creating a new app with just the three elements, It has something to do with the setup of the data and the from, so will try and trouble solve the current form and data issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Still can not get it to work on my app.
The issue is that I can not see the realationship field owner so I can not auto update the user . I can see the creator , but Im trying to update the filed owner but can not see the field even though is it in data base

Hi @darkey,

Could you please provide more info? What Collections do you have and what relations are there? What is the general idea of this part of the app?

Also: in order to update the record in some collection on a screen, you need to have an access to this record at this screen.

Example: you have a collection of Books. Each Book has Author (User) and Comment. You can’t just arbitrarily change the Comment for some book. In order to allow Logged-In user to change the Comment for the book, you need to:

• create a list of Books (for example, on BookOverview screen)
  • set up a link to another screen (BookDetails) - add a button to the list and add an action to it
  • and on this BookDetails screen, you will have an access to Comment value for this particular book.

Would you be able to change Author’s details for this book - that depends on the type of the relation.

There is a workaround/hint, how to access a particular record in a collection, which is called “Single Item List”. In the example above, this will be a list of Books, filtered by some unique ID (say, Name). Filter is usually formed based on other information. And in this list you have the access to the data of this particular book.

Best regards, Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.