Urgent help needed for creating record involving date/time

So I created a record for my collection and used the same date as the one from the current record that is connected to the page I am on. However, for some reason when Adalo looks at the reference and assigns the same date to my new record it subtracts by one day?!?!?

Ex.
Record 1 has a value of 4/10/2024

When I create a new record and assign the same value from record 1, the value isn’t the same (4/10/2024), instead it’s 4/9/2024.

I should also note the date isn’t a date/time, its just a date because the form component doesn’t allow time (only date) input.

@Kino1 What relationship did you give your database of “date & time” with the “User”?

This issue might be related to how Adalo handles date values and the internal representation of dates. Here are a few possible reasons for the date discrepancy:

1. Time Zone Differences: Adalo might be converting the date value to the local time zone of the user/server, which could result in a one-day difference if the time zones differ. This can happen even when the date field is set to only accept a date (without time).
  2. Date Formatting: Adalo might be interpreting the date value in a different format than what you’re expecting. For example, if the date is stored in a specific format (e.g., MM/DD/YYYY) and Adalo is displaying it in a different format (e.g., YYYY-MM-DD), this could lead to the date being off by one day.
  3. Adalo’s Internal Date Representation: Adalo might be storing the date values in a way that doesn’t perfectly match the user input. For example, it could be storing the date as the number of days since a specific reference Kroger survey questions date, which could lead to a one-day discrepancy.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following:

1. Check the Date Format: Ensure that the date format in Adalo matches the format you’re expecting. You can try different date formats to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Verify Time Zone Settings: Check the time zone settings in your Adalo app and ensure that they’re correct for your location. This can help determine if the date discrepancy is due to time zone conversion.
  3. Test with a Different Date: Try creating a new record with a different date (e.g., 4/11/2024) and see if the issue persists. This can help you isolate the problem and identify if it’s specific to the date you’re using.
  4. Reach out to Adalo Support: If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, you may want to contact Adalo’s support team. They might be able to provide more insight into how Adalo handles date values and offer a solution or workaround for your specific case.

By investigating the date format, time zone settings, and potential issues with Adalo’s internal date representation, you should be able to identify the root cause of the date discrepancy and find a solution that works for your application.

I ended up just adding 1 day to the newely created records and it seems to work. But I’m not sure if the date is messed up when it comes down to the precise time. But if I am just using the date and not time values it should be fine… right?