Please help with due date/time

I need help setting a due date with specific time.

When someone checks something out from my library, a due date is set and added to the LibraryRecords collection. Borrowed items must be returned by 6 PM on the due date.

My problem is how to identify when something is late.

First, I tried using a simple date field for the due date. Then I created a list showing anything with a due date before start of today.

But I discovered that, when you just use a date field, it always returns date without time, so “start of today” doesn’t actually mean anything.

Then I tried using a date/time field. The problem here is that whenever I choose a date in a date/time field, the time always defaults to 00:00. I have to change the time component every time I set a due date. I need to make the “6 PM” a default.

How do I set this up so that “in 2 days” always means “in 2 days at 6 PM”, or “on July 14” always means “on July 14 at 6 PM”?

1 Like

Hi @MikesClub,

I’m guessing what you need is this :

Formula : 2 days from now ( according to what you need ) + 0.75000006 or 2 days from now ( according to what you need ) + (18*0.04166667)

Found details from this post posted by Patrick! :

Not a expert with dates :slightly_smiling_face: Hope I’m correct!

Maybe others can add information here? :raised_hands:

Thank you

1 Like

Does anyone already have the solution for custom start and end date control?

needed for use in contract management.

Hi @Rios,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

What you need to do? Can you give us some more information with a example?

Thank you

I need to know the deadline of a contract.
Example: the contract starts on 06/25/2022
lasts for 30 months

What I need to know is, what is the end date? xxxx

thanks @dilon_perera

You need two Date Properties. One for Start Date and End Date. And on your create contract action you can add start date to the end date and add +30 or to be dynamic you can add a input and add that instead of 30. You can do the same thing with forms too!

Check this video! : end date add value.mp4 - Google Drive

@dilon_perera
Hi, I need to add months.
Today’s date 7/4/2022 and the end date 30 months later

The resulting date is 1/4/2025 - Saturday, January 4, 2025

I think you need to add 912.501.