What can I do to prevent continuous tapping in chat apps?

What can I do to prevent continuous tapping in chat apps?

I am creating a chat app similar to the sample chat app.
In the sample chat app, after entering some text and sending it, it takes a little time to display.
Therefore, it is assumed that the user may become anxious about whether the message has been successfully sent and tap it consecutively.

If you tap continuously, the process will be slower and it will take more time to display the message, and the same message will be sent continuously.

If you have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi Mono,

The method I use contains an invisible input field.

So, create an invisible input field and name it ‘button control’.

Set an action for when the screen loads to set the ‘button control input’ to zero.

Set the visibility of your chat button to only be visible if the ‘button control input’ is zero.

On the button action, make the first action change input field ‘button control input’ to 1, this hides your button as soon as they press it.

Now add any other actions and make a last action to set the ‘button control input’ field to zero. This hides the button until the actions have completed then shows the button again.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: Mark as solution if it works for you

4 Likes

It’s done!
Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.