Why can't I users under a collection when selecting in adalo

Okay, I will do it again. I think I am only watching the part where the chat is being built for any subject and not just about a chosen topic like travel. There may be parts in the beginning that are assumed done later on when creating the open chat. I will watch all the way through this time. Thanks

At first David explains to create a chat for a topic! ( In that example David uses a travel app ) For personal chats you can start watching from here! : No-Code Chat Tutorial - YouTube

So to link the users to a chat…

• first you create a chat,
  • second, use a many to many relationship and add current user to the chat as well as the logged in user. (this is where you would have a list of users with a button inside, or a create button made as a list of users (if this is the case… step one above is the button with a list of users)
  • third, link to the chat screen - this should take the current chat and should have two users.

(Before any other steps you can have this link to a conversations screen where you have all the convos - and then select a chat and link to chat screen)

then you would go forth and create the messages part.
*create a messages relationship to chats (conversations). plus msg from (sender) and msg to (receiver).

when users type their messages, on send - create a message, attach it to current conversation, add sender (user) to “msg from” & attach the Receiver to “msg to”…

on the chat you should have two lists both displaying messages

One list will be displaying Msg From, the other will be displaying Msg to, you can then edit the style of each list to fit the screen nicely such as msgs from send on the right and msgs from receiver on the left.

Capture

1 Like

Thanks so much all, I have gotten pretty far. I am trying to add the actions to the send icon. I don’t see the form input choice when creating the message text. Here is what I see

Do you have a input component on this screen? Then you should see that in the Other Components section!

The input comp came with the template

Ah got it! Now you can add that input!

Thanks I am getting further now. I am at list screen where is says to replace the search list list with a custom list. In the video it leaves the search bar when the list is deleted. I am not able to separate the search bar from the list so the whole list and search are deleted when I try. What’s the trick here lOL

Got this one folks. I deleted the whole form and created my one search bar via a tutorial. Works like a charm

1 Like

Moving forward lol I am now creating the action for the search filer. I am not able to see the creator in my create list. it show in tutorial . Seen screenshot from tutorial and my app. Thanks

Steve, It’s because you don’t have a One to Many relationship between the Users collection and the Conversations collection called Creator on the Conversations collection!

You have a many to many relationship :

You need to create a relationship with this option :

Thanks Much appreciated

1 Like

Hello! I have the same problem and I created the correct relationship between the user and the chat, but still there is no current user, only registered! Please help me figure it out!