Wordalo - Wordle Clone - Free Template

Hi All,

A little late to join the party, but I would like to know if Adalo can be used to create word games like Wordle, which is database intensive, so I create this cloneable app to challenge myself whether it is possible and what it will look like.

It is still in progress, so if you use it and clone it while it is in the middle of updates, you might get errors, so just wait and try again later.

But for those who want to know the process of building it, you can find the progress to be useful, as you can see all the components are still showing while some of them should be hidden when the app is nearly finish.

Edit : Loaded version, Words collection have 10k records, it is slow.

Wordalo (adalo.com)

compressed 2022-04-16 at 12.54.40 PM (1)

If you find suggestions, please discuss here.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Half of functionalities are finished.

For testers, you can add new words in Words collection and new correct word in Daily Wordle collection.

For debug purpose, I use random words that are easy to input.

If the word is found, the green check mark emoji will show, otherwise X emoji.

If the word is wrong, the checking process is still slow or very slow, this is because having so many actions with conditionals.

But, I may try to eliminate those actions that prevent changing colors back and forth, eliminating these actions probably make a little better, but let’s see, this trying will be after the app is nearly finish.

1 Like

Almost all functionalities are finished, but probably still need optimization.

This is the cloneable app of almost empty version of Wordalo.

Wordalo Copy (adalo.com)

compressed 2022-04-19 at 5.08.32 AM

The performance is much much better and tolerable, but can not match the original game.

The first post version is the loaded version, it contains lots of records in Words collection, so it will be very slow.

You can compare the performance between these versions.

Enjoy !

1 Like

Looks like the visibility that check words collection for valid words is slowing down the app, probably every time virtual keyboard is pressed, it tries to load the 10k records.

This will need a workaround.

1 Like

Revised Version.

When the word is not found, X emoji will show up and clicking it will ask to add new word in the Words collection.

compressed 2022-04-19 at 10.16.07 AM

The revised version and later the improved versions are available based on requests.

The dictionary of the opening words are extended to have these words :

ADIEU
AUDIO
OUIJA
CRATE
TRACE
RATIO
ROATE
ABOUT
CANOE
QUEUE
EQUAL
SLICE
CRANE
LATER
IRATE
RAISE
SAMEY
STARE
AISLE
PIOUS
SLATE
CRAME
AROSE
OCEAN
SALET
SOARE
SERAI
TALES
CONES
HATES
DEALT
STORE
BUNNY
HAPPY
2 Likes

Great look! I am unable to use previewer to move past the scrolling wheel though.

I did the test, it is fine.

All I can see.

Which previewer did you use ?