Would somebody be able to make sense of what a "join table" is, how it works, and any advantage to utilizing it?

I’ve seen a couple of references to this here on the discussion, yet it doesn’t appear to be a genuine characterized Adalo term.

It is by all accounts a method for imitating a numerous to numerous relationship without really utilizing that kind of relationship.

How and when would it be advisable for me to utilize it?

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

If it’s not too much trouble, spread out a model if conceivable.

Much obliged to you all to such an extent!

1 Like

Ok so I tried to type all this out and it was becoming a book and very confusing to follow. I’ll make a short video for you explaining how I set up my join tables. And answer your questions the best I can in it!

Hi @zanewiller ,
You mean without creating the relationship between Tables? Usually I do use a kind of “Join Table” method by using Unique Keys, if I have a Collection Library it has say unique key = 1, and then Collection Books, so every book in this case will have a Join Key, where the Library ID they belong to is “1”, then you can use filters to put the info together. Is this what you are looking for?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.