Wrong Graph X-Axis Time Flow/Sequence (w/ AirTable Data)

I’m using AirTable as a database and Line or Bar graph components from the marketplace to display client results over time, however, no matter what - the graph doesn’t recognise the logical sequence on the X-axis, e.g.:
• If I use a numeric sequence (1,2,3,4,5) for X Axis - the graph shows values in the order of 3-4-1-2-5
• If I use Date (no matter if direct Date field from AIrTable or a Date text string) for X Axis - the graph shows values in the order of Sept 20 - Sept 27 - Sept 6 - Sept 13 - Oct 4

Solutions I tried but didn’t help:
• Adding sorting filters as per this article [In fact sorting completely breaks the graph)
• Changing date formats on AirTable (US, ISO, European, Friendly etc.)
• Switching between Date Field and a Text String (to pull date values), as well as adding logical sequence (1-2-3-4-5)

Could anyone help me please? :slight_smile:

p.s. App name is “Coach (Coaching Template)” & screen is “Student GOAL Results”… if anyone from Adalo could look into it.

@anon78309838 @pford, maybe any of you guys could look into this?

I think it’s a bug that may deserve your attention… but of course I may just simply be missing something :slight_smile:

Yes these can be a bit tricky for sure, especially when using query formulas. You might could try sorting it in an Airtable view first, then specifying the view with a query param instead of trying to sort here in Adalo.

1 Like

@pford

(1) Could you please help with how to write the query parameter to specify the view?

(Tried many different expressions but nothing works so I may just miss some detail and couldn’t find anything online.)

(2) If the above doesn’t help, would a potential solution be to use Zapier to send AirTable records (necessary for a graph) to Adalo database and then use internal collection for the graph?

I guess this could be a solution (very painful though) whenever Adalo faces limitations due to arrays…

Actually there is nothing special to it. You just put view as a query parameter name, then put the View’s name or ID as the value. I usually prefer the ID instead so even if I accidentally change the View name it’s not a big deal. You can find the view ID in the URL bar when you have the view selected in Airtable. It’s this highlighted portion:
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 9.26.30 AM

1 Like

It works!

Thanks a lot, @pford .

Marking your answer as a solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.