12 Tips: Teachers & Learners of Adalo University

Teachers!
Do you teach, or plan on teaching Adalo? Want to teach more effectively? Want students to learn? Want more views on Youtube? Want more clients? Want to NOT waste your time?

Learners!
Have you noticed bad habits that make crappy teachers? What helps you learn?

Stop frustration before you waste your time & money. Share what helps you teach & learn.

I have 6 years of experience teaching young learners English as a second language.
I don’t have a degree. However, I retained a large percentage of students 3 times a week, for many years. Some students would drive nearly 100 miles to learn from little 'ol me!

I haven’t taught for years and I still get requests… because many teachers suck! (Even though they are knowledgable) - I want to help teachers suck less.

As @jessehaywood pointed out, teaching & sometimes learning Adalo shouldn’t take a lot of money. However, it can take time.

I believe that with a little know-how, many people can learn to teach, a whole lot more effectively, easily.

So, share / comment with your teaching / learning tips & pet peeves. [ ESL speakers, pet peeves are things that annoy you ]

Here are a few of my tips for TEACHERS of Adalo:

1. Enthusiasm! - don’t be boring & speak with a monotone voice.

2. Take a teaching course - Even the shortest / cheapest one will improve your skills 10x
    You can simply google: “TEFL TESOL certification”

There are many. My favorite is:

Skills you learn with a short certification course can be applicable for any subject - And will pay you dividends for the rest of your life. A great return on investment… especially Youtubers.

1. Get to the point

2. Practice /rehearse your lesson prior to teaching / making your video; work out the bugs.

3. Ask yourself, How could I teach or have taught that better. Take short notes. This is never ending. You WILL get better by doing this.

4. Explain the same thing 2 or 3 times. Think of it as adding layers. The first time should be more like an overview: this is what you’ll be learning from start to finish in 30-60 seconds.

Teach it again in more & more detail each time. Don’t jump into details your first go - give the learner some context, first. Attention spans are short. That’s why you lose people. Demonstrate slowly - where you are clicking, in what order, first (withOUT the student touching the mouse) - Then, students should follow along. Watch, follow, then do.

1. Focus the learners attention - Busy, distracting visuals can be difficult to learn from. If I am learning Adalo for the first time, don’t show me 40 screens. Kinda like UI/UX; learners’ eyes can’t follow you

2. Don’t assume

3. “Teach the negative” Students don’t know what an apple is until they know what a banana is. “This is good for this… You do not want to do this, to achieve this. This is NOT good for doing this.
    You will never be able to do this, this way. You should do this instead” — This is an extremely valuable & often over-looked technique

4. Build confidence with small tasks, first. “Ok, it’s your turn… Start a new app, name it, put your first screen on the page, add a button, and label it ---- Go!” ---- Then, continue your lesson. If you kill students’ confidence with too much, too early — they will be gone — and won’t want to do it again. Because being lost, doesn’t feel good.

5. Make yourself available to answer questions. Otherwise, stop teaching. Yes, it does suck your time. The best teachers play the “long game” – It’s helpful, builds trust, and is a great marketing opportunity.

6. People have different learning styles. Some watch, some listen, some only learn by doing. All students will never learn, the way you learn / teach. Try to accommodate them all.

Some will need reassured more than others ---- What they are really saying is, “I think I know, I don’t know for sure, I need more confidence - please confirm because I don’t want to learn more until I got this”

I believe Adalo University could be the most powerful marketing tool for you & the Adalo platform. Don’t take it lightly.

… Would love to hear your tips & feedback. Especially for learning Adalo. Do share.
As the most popular comment goes, I hope this helps!

2 Likes