The absolute fastest way to learn Adalo is... (Hint, it's not watching YouTube videos)

It’s no secret that the best way to learn a new skill is by actually doing it. And when it comes to learning Adalo, the fastest way to get up to speed is by helping users in the forum.

By analyzing other people’s problems, figuring out the solutions, and then teaching others what you’ve learned, you’ll pick up the logic of Adalo in no time.

Sure, the hundreds of videos about Adalo on Youtube help too, but if you’re looking to learn quickly and effectively, there’s no better way than getting involved in the community.

The real question at hand: Is it worth it to spend hours upon hours helping people in the forum for nothing in return?

Well, if you’re looking to learn Adalo as quickly as possible, the answer is a resounding “Yes!”

If you’re in it to become a “community leader” and help other people learn Adalo, then the answer is an even bigger “Yes!” (Even though no one is really clear on how they select the community leaders)

However, if you have a background in design/development and are just looking to use Adalo to build your own projects, then you may not find as much value in helping others. There is no monetary incentive for helping this group of people, but it’s still worth your time to check out the forum and see if you can lend a helping hand.

In the end, it’s up to you to decide how you want to learn Adalo and how much value you find in helping others. But one thing is for sure: The absolute fastest way to learn Adalo is by getting involved in the community.

6 Likes

:100:

Helping others will get you to figure out what to do, which will get you to use Adalo more.

We learn by doing and by repetition. Helping others will inevitably force you to do and repeat.

The more you do and repeat, the better you get, and the more you can help (a never-ending circle).

2 Likes

Bingo. The “teaching” aspect is what helps solidify your own understanding. Definitely repetition.

Agree with Mario! :facepunch:

I learned lot of cool things that possible with Adalo with this forum! Thanks Everyone! :muscle:

2 Likes

For absolute noobs, the best way is always YT videos and reading the forums. I click on and read everything here and it helps with understanding the bigger picture, even if the thread has nothing to do with what I’m working on.

I wouldn’t say “teaching” is the best way to “learn”. The absolute best way is watching videos, reading the forum and practice/experience.

Maybe. For everyone, the learning curve is different based on their background in design/development. I’ll back my statements with sources.

https://effectiviology.com/protege-effect-learn-by-teaching/

Totally agree. It’s best to get your hands dirty. Share and Thrive.

I agree. Also, it is only right to give back.
By answering some of the easy questions from new users it keeps the community wheel turning and frees up time for the more capable gurus. That is my approach at the moment.

Following the forum is a great way to expand your Adalo skills.

Super post @Flawless, sums it ups the “human side” of IT basically :), and getting hands dirty totally agree, although here I would add:

The real question at hand: Is it worth it to spend hours upon hours helping people in the forum for nothing in return?

However, if you have a background in design/development and are just looking to use Adalo to build your own projects, then you may not find as much value in helping others. There is no monetary incentive for helping this group of people, but it’s still worth your time to check out the forum and see if you can lend a helping hand.

It is actually quite useful for me to check other people’s problems, although I myself develop my own apps and also for customers.

When I solve other people’s problems, it helps me in the design process and find solutions also suitable for later. I keep all as a template and with notes, so in the future when I develop another I have sometimes an epiphany (“Wait a minute, I have done this in another app”), at same time it also keeps your Adalo brain sharp in keeping it busy in solving “Puzzles”.

Sometimes I even go back to them later on and think “Wtf I did it this way, it is much simpler this way” :D. So it can be quite useful.