A very bizarre issue!

my issue is hard to describe so bear with me, aha!
i have a navigation bar at the bottom of every screen on my app. I have a screen called “saved” on this screen is a list of saved text submissions from users. I have a button on the “saved” screen i click to display the text on a screen called “display”. This works fine, however if i select the “display” screen and then select “saved” from the nav bar and then select a listing to be displayed on the “display” screen the listing doesnt show. The text input is jus blank. But if i select "home ( in the nav bar ) then go back to “saved” and select a listing it shows it perfectly fine on the “display” screen… heck of a mouthful i know. sorry! im so confused and have no idea why is happening, anyone have any idea?

so its going from the “display” screen clicking “saved” then once i click a listing to view it doesnt show the text on the “display” screen. But it works perfectly fine when i select “saved” from any other screen!

first of all this sounds like a caching issue, is it on web app or you tried the same on native as well?
screenshots are needed for the actions to see

but as a side note, from what you have described, I don’t think that “display” should have a separate button on the nav bar, it should be just like a popup/modal screen to show when clicking on a listing from “saved” screen with a back button at the top

Hi @ekull,

Are you saving the data in text inputs?

If yes, then keep in mind this is quite glitchy when moving from screen to screen. E.g. I had a case when the data entered in the text input on screen1, was available on screen2; but when going from screen2 to screen3 inputs were cleared. In another case only part of the data from inputs was available.

Best,
Victor.

Hey victor; thanks for your reply! I think it id jus glitchy, I found I had to make a new screen, insert the text input and have the text displayed through “default text”

1 Like

I tried it on my phone too, not jus my browser and got the same issue, I found making a new text input and displaying the text through the “default” input worked

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.