"Action Can't Be Completed" error

I have a form to update user profiles, and everything seems correct, but I keep getting an “Action Can’t Be Completed” error. It deletes the fields and won’t go back to the profile page, even though that’s what my action tells it to do.

Hi @JTMartinson,

Very often “Action can’t be completed” means that your app tried to do a query to the database, but this query wasn’t successful due to the error.
In your case, your form is sending something to Adalo backend, which can’t be recognised for some reason.
It is difficult to guess what exactly happens without further information. It could be caused, for instance:

• by updating logged-in user email with an empty value
  • by updating logged-in user password with an empty value (in some cases)
  • by trying to update a field which is blocked in collection permissions’ settings
  • by updating a nonexistent property
  • etc etc etc.

If you make a screen recording how you set up your form and how the error appears, maybe someone can help.
Another option is to look at the browser javascript console, at the “errors” section, and see what error happens when you’re pressing the button.

Best,
Victor.

Hey Victor,

Thanks for responding. So, I figured out that it is when I turn off “password” as a required field that it errors. If I delete the password item from the form, then it works. So, what I’ve done is removed the password element from the form and added it as a separate “text input” below the form. Still not sure why it errors when password requirement is turned off.

@JTMartinson are you updating “Logged-in User” or “Current User”?

Logged in user.

Hi @JTMartinson,

I believe that if you leave password empty you might encounter this error.

Best,
Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.