Adalo hints: how to prevent from creating duplicate records in the collection (UPDATED with 2nd video)

Sometimes one needs to be sure that the value of the property in collection is unique for each record. As an example - you need to be sure that name of the company / restaurant / event / etc. is unique and record with this name can’t be added for the 2nd time.

UPDATE: added a second video how to make a modal window with warnings. Thanks for your comments inspiring that!

Here is the short tutorial how to prevent from creating “duplicate” records:

Second video with modal warning:

8 Likes

Perfect. I’ve been struggling with this when trying to register customers and each time they transact. a new customer record is created for the same phone number. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, glad I could help!

@Victor thanks for sharing this, is there a way we can throw an error message to the user as a feedback that “The record already exists” on top of this solution? Maybe a Modal screen?

1 Like

Hi @bhanu,

Thanks!
Of course that’s possible. You need to make button “always visible” though.
Also it’s possible to display a warning string at the screen. Here are the screenshots of the setup:

@Victor thanks!

A separate question: can we access users phone contact and let them import into the application during or after the onboarding?

Scenario: I have a gift app where user needs to select contacts from phonebook to send a virtual giftcard for example.

Sorry, for using the current thread to ask this question.

Hi @bhanu,

Answered in the “Help” category thread, see here:

Best regards, Victor.

Hi @bhanu,

I’ve created the video with modal, see above.

Best regards, Victor.

@Victor cool, thank you!

1 Like