Adalo/Open AI Assistant API’s

Has anyone added an open ai assistant api to their app?

It’s something I want to do but it looks quite difficult.

Any experts able to do this?

I am looking at it too. My main concern, however, it the cost once it gets running. There is no more “free tier” with Open AI.

1 Like

I have someone on Upwork doing this for me now. My private GTP assistant will be added to our app next week. So far testing looks good. I’ll post here when I get further along.

2 Likes

This is exciting! I look forward to hearing how this goes!

Yeah that is a fair point!

@iAppsNi had a neat integration into an app, he advocated Azure on account of speed and cost. The integration was not Assistant, but I would expect the comparisons to be similar.

Thanks man. Yea I use Azure as it’s way more stable (but assistants are not available there yet - only up to GPT4). But assistants structure and set up is different as it’s 3 Tier set up. Assistants > Threads (User Specific) > Messages. I have got Assistants to work pretty well. Its big selling point is the memory, code interpreter and Retrieval. I’d love to get time to record a video explainer of my set up but I’m not 100% happy with it yet…. Because:

Once you apply the messages to the thread, you run the thread, but the API call doesn’t return the Answer like the standard API call as before with Azure or OpenAi. So I found the best way is to use external collection for Messages, and Filter based on thread id (applied to a field in User Collection) which is obviously associated to the user. This works very well, but the problem is External Collections do not refresh themselves (sometimes they do but not always). So I have used timers to carry out an action every 5s to refresh the list by changing the query parameters. This is because when you apply a message and “run” the thread it is Queued and goes through a series of status changes so the timers help pick up on the status “completed” then I change query parameters to refresh the list. But this process uses a lot of actions with all the required checking…

I’m going to trial another option and build it out in Make.com and use internal collections when a new message is created - I would guess it would be more robust.

Not sure if the above helps, but yes it does work relatively well but not perfect yet with the above process

2 Likes

:fire: Pure fire of a response

Hi, great post!

A video tutorial on this would be great! :blush:

@dk241 Any updates on the assistant’s API integration you’re working on?

Yes it works! We’ve tapped into the assistant and it’s sending back messages. That said, it’s complex and needs to be written out and I haven’t had time yet. If you want a quick tour to see it’s basic functionality, send me a dm and we can arrange. Hope to have time to write something up this weekend. Still fixing bugs left behind by the person I had build it. He’s not an adalo expert and messed a bunch of things up. LOL. Thanks for the patience

3 Likes

A write up would be great! I would love to add an assistants api into my app.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.