Add Existing User to Collection In-App

Hi there, thank you in advance for your help.

Here is a YouTube Video describing what I am trying to accomplish: Youtube Video

Context:
I am new to Adalo, and this seems like it should be simple and very possible, but I’m running into some issues. I’m attempting to build a simple inventory management/gear sharing application. A user creates an account, then they can create an inventory and add items to that inventory, etc. I have the following collections currently: Users, Items, and Inventories.

Nuts & Bolts:

I have established a relationship between the Inventories collection and the Users collection of allowing users to have multiple inventories and inventories to have multiple users.

I have built a little settings button within an inventory page where I basically want to be able to “Manage Sharing” with other users so that I can add other users to the inventory. The first screenshot below shows the Test Inventory page and the little settings icon in the top right, which takes the user to the Inventory Settings page.

This screenshot below is what the Inventory Settings page looks like.

When a user goes into their inventory and then into their inventory settings, and then selects “Manage Sharing” I want the user to be able to add another user to this Inventory so that user can then also have access to the items that are within the inventory. I tried accomplishing this with a form, but it doesn’t seem to work. I also tried accomplishing it with Actions, updating the Users field of the Current Inventory when the form is submitted, but that did not allow me to choose which user to add.

Any support in this would be greatly appreciated,

Also, here is a link to a Youtube Video describing what I am trying to accomplish as well.

Thank you.

Hi,

Are you able to share a clone of your app? It’s sometimes hard to say without seeing it. I don’t know how far along you are, but if you need an NDA signed that is fine as well.

Hi Carl :wave:

Like this?

Hope this helps!

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.