Airtable-linked data filters (filterByFormula) not applied

I’ve spent a lot of time fine-tuning my Airtable filterByFormulas to try to eliminate errors, and for the most part, they work. I can see my lists properly in Firefox, and I’ve had a family member test out the filters successfully in Firefox as well.

However, they do not show up properly in Chrome. The whole list displays without the filter applied, which is a major data security issue.

I need lists specific to each user to show up so that they can edit their own entries, but if they can see everyone’s, that’s a problem. The issue has been around for a while now, so I was hoping it might get fixed with one of the updates.

If you tell me more about how you’re implementing the HTTP request on your end, I might be able to help engage with Airtable about the API parameters or offer ideas based on what I’ve done with Custom Actions.

Hi Brian,

I can’t think of any reason why it should differ between Firefox and Chrome. If you would let me know some further details about this by DM, I can create a ticket internally for the team to investigate.

1 Like

Have there been any developments or discoveries with this?

As a temporary solution, I wouldn’t mind being able to restrict preview access for Chrome users.

I post issues on the Airtable forums from time to time, but I think it will have more of an impact coming from an Adalo insider if this looks like it could be an issue with the Airtable API’s connection to Adalo’s.

The team is looking in to this one. Just for clarity sake, this will likely be a fix that takes some time as it would be merged with a separate ongoing project for some browser compatibility issues.