Airtable record update not working

I’m trying to update Airtable records using a form in Adalo. I can GET the record information just fine, but when it comes time to update the record using the built-in update function, nothing happens.

I’ve also tried using the custom action, but can’t seem to get it to work.

Are there any tricks or workarounds that I should be aware of?

Are you trying to update a linked record?

Honestly, I’m not sure what that even means. Very new to this platform.

Can you post a screenshot of what you’re trying to do?

I have a list of records (left page, populated from Airtable). When a user clicks on one of the entries from that list, a ‘details’ page comes up (center page). From there, a user has the option to update that record via a tab button in the bottom border. Once on the update page (right page), the user should simply click submit after updating the appropriate fields. However, the “Update Current Airtable Equipment Record” function does nothing.

I am using a PATCH request for all this. I have tried a custom action as well, but cannot seem to get the JSON format correct.

I think when you click the tab bar at the bottom and moving to the 3rd screen, your current record data is not being passed to the next screen.

If you click the 3rd screen and check the availability of data, you’ll not see it.

This is the reason your update is not working in my view. Can you check and confirm?

In order to make it work, what you can do is create a button on the 2nd screen and do a modal screen to load the form and trigger the update, that might fix your issue.

Let me know if that helped. Thanks!

1 Like

I have this same Issue… Anyone could help me please?

@mbl79 what was your solution ?