Anybody used Airtable data with more than 100 rows?

Our app needs to retrieve data from an Airtable collection with hundreds of rows.
For the Search List page, we figured out how to search/filter the Airtable collection.

However, we’re hitting the API’s pagination limit of 100.
How can Adalo search the entire Airtable DB (not just the first 100) and return the records that meet the search criteria?
Just to clarify, we don’t need a list that actually shows all the (hundreds of) records.

Working with more than 100 records is probably a common use case. Airtable is mainstream as well.
Has anybody here figured this out?

Hello, I can share an update on a base I’m using

I have around 1,500 records in my aritble base, and I’m using adalo to filter and display only specific records which meet a certain set of criteria. All these filtered records are being displayed in my app, not just the 1st 100 records (which I’m assuming would be the according to date of creation, right?).

The records being displayed in my app are a combination of both old and new. Some are around 2 months old, others are just a week old, and I can see all of them in my app. I verified this by matching the total count of posts.

So it seems that adalo does indeed search the entire base I have, and then displays those which meet the filtering criteria.

However, this is purely based on my personal testing and experience, and maybe @David or @Ben could shed some confirmation on whether this is actually the case :smile:

Hey! I actually don’t that answer. Let me check with the dev team on that one. (Sorry for the delay here.)

1 Like

Looks like there’s a good answer here! Paging Through API Results in Adalo (using Pixabay) - #14 by ChristopheHK

1 Like

Paging is the solution. Either using the page query parameter of the endpoint, either playing with the limit & offset query param from other endpoints.

@pford 's method works fine with both kind of parameter, page or limit / offset. Just replace the page param by the offset param (limit must remain the same. Ex : limit 100, offset = 0, the offset = 100, then 200,…)

1 Like

So this question has been asked several times in the forum and has been answered incorrectly each time. The assumption here in all the incorrect answers - including by @David and @anon78309838 - is that the Airtable offset is a number. NOT SO.

Here’s what an Airtable offset looks like, as returned from an API call: “offset”: “itfjc4TTUjhoW1ofP/recC27xLiPmhx”. The 2nd part this string is a record ID, and the 1st part is a code that changes all the time and - from my experience (in Postman) - appears to expire after a short time.

This means that unless Adalo returns the offset for us, we cannot get the next 100 results. E.g. We cannot use pagination.

As far as I can tell, Adalo does not return the offset. But we need it.

If I’m wrong - and if Adalo does return it - please tell us all where to get it, bc I cannot find it anywhere in Adalo.

If you can’t return the offset, please provide us with some other method…

1 Like