Anyone know how to temporarily store input data

How would one store input data in cache / temporarily before creating a User in Adalo (note, I’m using the new Xano and Adalo integration)

There are a couple of ways around this.

1. Create a custom form on each page and then on the last page use that to create the user. The problem with that is making fields mandatory is bit of an effort (unless you use the paid plugin).
  2. Create the user on the 1st page with a dummy randomly generated email address and then update it on the last page with the real one.
2 Likes

Let me add a couple more :slight_smile:

• you can have a separate “onboarding data” collection and create a new record every time when your user presses “signup”. Then you store the data there (you’ll have Current Onboarding available), and on the last screen you sign up new user using this data.
    The downside is that you’ll have a lot of records there. But you can use forms in this case and make inputs mandatory.

• you can also create a separate “Auxiliary” screen and put inputs there, and copy the data to these inputs. Use these inputs as a source of data when creating a user.
    This workaround might help in case when data from the inputs on the previous screens is “lost” (I’ve seen that several times recently).

Best,
Victor.

2 Likes

@Victor

Aha! I thought I was going crazy. This used to work no?

:rofl: It used to, but stopped a few months ago. I didn’t investigate further; that’s fortunate that inputs on a separate screen still work…

2 Likes

Option 2 was the solution.

I just hope I never face this lost issue

• you can also create a separate “Auxiliary” screen and put inputs there, and copy the data to these inputs. Use these inputs as a source of data when creating a user.
    This workaround might help in case when data from the inputs on the previous screens is “lost” (I’ve seen that several times recently).