Apple App Store Submissions will require an "account deletion" option starting June 30th, 2022

I got this message from Apple last night.

It appears that starting on June 30th, all Apple App Store submissions will require an “account deletion” option.

Make sure you have a way for your users to delete their accounts and data from your apps before submitting them to the stores.

2 Likes

Good thing I’ve had that option since day one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think it’s worth pointing out that this just needs to be the ability for the user to request that their account is deleted. It doesn’t actually have to do any deletion. There are many situations eg for financial/KYC/AML you should not delete the account even though the user requests it. In my apps, I’ve left it that it generates a support email and the actual deletion process is done in the back end by the support team (AKA me :wink:).

And even then- deletion can mean delete the user in the user table (risk of orphan records), deletion of all user and linked data (hard to do if you have interdependencies and still a risk of orphan files), or just anonymising the user- replacing the user info with non-identifiable data (easiest and least risky).

1 Like

Word

Here’s the link with full details: Offering account deletion in your app - Support - Apple Developer

Thanks for informing us. I also created feature to delete account since day 1 because in Europe it’s really must have feature.

3 Likes

Hi @charleshope,

Can you tell me how you applied this in your app?

Thx!
AnnSofie

Adalo has an “action” to delete a user account.

Integrate that into your app so it’s clearly visible to your users. Set the action so that when the user clicks on it: 1- delete user action 2- logout action.