Apple rejecting app because of credit system

Hey all, just wanted to check if anyone is facing a similar issue with the iOS App Store.

For some context, we’ve built a yoga studio booking app for our own business. It’s fully approved on Google Play Store, Apple rejected. Students are supposed to buy class credits in the app to book classes. Payment is done through Adalo’s Stripe component.

Now, Apple is rejecting the app because they say we’re supposed to use their in-app purchase API to implement this. However, it’s not a digital good/service, it’s an actual yoga class.

And there are other yoga studio booking apps that receive credit card payment through Stripe or PayPal, so I’m quite confused as to why this is the case.

Does anyone have any insights to this? How to get our app approved?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I’d appeal their decision.

Yea, that’s what I did. Just wondering if anyone faced a similar issue and if they did anything apart from appealing :slight_smile: Thanks!

I’m pretty sure Apple just rejects anything that doesn’t include apple-pay as the main source of payment.

Let us know how your appeal goes. This should not be a reason to be rejected.

1 Like

Hey Colin, thanks for the response. Was about the update that Apple approved our app after some clarification :joy:

Thanks! So glad to have the app out in both iOS and Android app stores :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.