At a stand still, Line component, Lines do not stay put. Is there a Method for underlining text?

Hello Friends, I am trying to underline text. The difficulty of this is pretty much a deal breaker ( and I have put in considerable time and paid the $50). I work in a field adjacent to English instruction, and it is necessary that I can underline text in my apps. Is there something I am missing, or is the reality that adalo cannot easily produce underlines, ( I have the markup component: italics, and bold, I misspoke before).

Edit, using line component, I fix lines underneath example sentences. When using preview function, the lines do not appear where I fixed them because they are not mechanically attached to the words. In the project I am doing and for those users, underlines are industry standard practice rather than bold, italic, or bold-italic. But I might have to compromise and go wit the combo bold-italic
NCC

1 Like

Hi @NoCodeCadet ,

There is HTML component you might want to try.

Thanks, the markdown renderer is pretty cool. It is a standard in what I do to underline words, but bold and italic are nice.

1 Like

This is an issue with ADALO borders in terms of HTML/CSS I believe, if you are using PWA you can try a hack (Never tested in mobile) in both sides of the screen try adding a simple rectangle with same size:

Just color the rectangles after as same as your background. Should also work for mobile.

in PWA

Before:

Process:

After:

Hey JL,
I meant underlining text. using the line component or other work around. But thanks for this solution. I tried making Rectangles that are 1 high and the width of the word, but they still show up nowhere near where I need them to,

I am pretty close to jumping ship from Adalo to something else. I have already spent so much time learning Adalo, so bummed I gotta find a new building platform.

Hi,
I get it, but usually the rectangles aligns all my components. Hopefully CSS can be implemented at some point.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.