Audio background play

Hi,

I created a podcast app (using the clone function) however the audio player component doesn’t seems to support the background play as stated.

I use the pwa on iOS but if I push the home button, the audio stops. However, if I “close” the phone (right side button), the audio plays.

Is there a way to keep the audio playing while we open another app for instance ?

Thanks

Thanks for the report @flowtools. I have made a note about this internally. We will see what we can do about this.

I am having the same issue. Except it doesn’t play if the screen automatically turns off or if I press the side button to turn off the phone. It just stops playing.

Are you doing this in the preview? Mine also stops, but if I build it out in Test Flight, the background audio works and even shows on the home screen.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Actually I’m using the PWA (which I intend to use for my clients as well). If I lock the iphone (right button), everything works as expected, but once I try to swicth to another app, the audio stops.

Maybe I do something wrong but I don’t know what for the moment

On iOS, Apple has disabled background audio for PWA’s. Nothing that Adalo can do. Otherwise, you can push it out as an actual app and it will work.

Apple should fix this problem. A lot of apps are going the PWA way and this is a bad roadblock.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.