Audio player not working at all

Hi - having a big issue with app we just published to iOS. When I open up a screen with the audio player, the player starts playing from the beginning, but the slider looks like the audio player has finished playing the file, so it goes to the next screen…then freezes. Only one of the audio files I have works correctly.

Any ideas about what to do?? We’re pretty desperate.

Hi @anwanl,

Unfortunately, Audio Player in a native apps have some specifics

As a general advice:

• try not to use the audio files from external URLs. Store the audio files inside Adalo collections. The reason is that sometimes the access control policies of some servers kind of “conflict” with the native app access control policies. As a result, the audio file is not loaded → not played → if you have set up the action to go to next screen, it goes to the next screen immediately.
  • if you’re using text to display in Title and Subtitle, please be sure that this text is not empty. I’ve seen a case when audio player glitched because the text value for subtitle (taken from the collection) was empty.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Thanks, Victor. That solved one of our problems, and of course another arose, which is the next screen just freezes. The person helping us has said it has to do with “player’s song ends action” but we’re not sure what that means or how to get around it.

Hi @anwanl,

It’s difficult to say the reason why the screen freezes without knowing the details.
What you can do to find the root cause of the issue - remove all the actions from song finish, except the link-to-next-screen action (and all the on-screen-enter actions for song screen and next screen), and see if the player works.
Then you can start adding the actions one-by-one and see which one causes the trouble.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Victor. That’s really helpful advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.