Automatic reply from admin to new registered user

Is it possible to make a chat app, where every new user (so after the sign up) gets automatically a welcome message from the admin? The new user can only chat with the admin and is not able to chat with other users of the app.

On the admin perspective there must show up a list with al new users and will filter on the users who messages the admin.

Is this possible? How do you do this? Please help

2 Likes

I could use that function too

Yes, this is possible.

So you should have 2 collections, CHATS and CHAT MESSAGES. Both with relationships with USERS and the CHATS collection should be related to CHAT MESSAGES.

When a user signs up, add another action to create a CHAT with the admin email and the logged in user, then add another action to create a CHAT MESSAGE that is linked to both users and to the CHAT you just created.

Thay should give you what you need. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey,

I have followed the steps until the second column: “When a user signs up, add another action to create a CHAT with the admin email and the logged in user, then add another action to create a CHAT MESSAGE that is linked to both users and to the CHAT you just created.”

On the sign up button i have created 2 actions. But what do you mean with, admin email? Where do I need to put it? Where do i need to make the message, i want to send to the normal user?

And what do i need to do with the chat message action?

See screenshots.

Also screenshots of the collections:

This is how I have it setup.

First create a chat. I prefer to use emails instead of users in this instance because you want it to be automated from the admin, so add the admin email in the from field.

Then setup the next action which is to create a message and the setup is like this…

(NOTE - in the field ‘chat’, it says New chat because it is the chat created from the previous action)

Now when you setup lists to show the chats and the messages you can filter it by using email=logged in user email instead of logged in user.

You can do it by using ‘user’ fields but this would need another workaround. If the above solution is not the way you want to do it and you want to use the ‘user’ fields instead then let me know and I can show you how to achieve it.

Let me know how you get on.

Hey again,

When I make a new user (by the sign up page), with the following actions:

I cant click on ‘New Chat’, by Chats, if I click it, it doesn’t show up in the action (it will fill blank).’
Is New Chat > user correct path for ‘User’>

The ‘To user’ and records of the collection doesn’t fill up.

x

Also what do i need to put by user? I cant use the logged in user because it is a sign up, there is no logged in user.

The relation for Chat Message and Chat with User collection and Chat with Chat message is the first one. Is this correct?

I will have a look at this tomorrow evening and get back to you then.

Thanks
Craig

Hey crmorris2,

Is there some kind of progress?

Can you just confirm, you are still trying to achieve what the original post was about, so when a user signs up, they get a message from the admin, correct?

Yes, that’s correct. I am still trying to make an automatic message to all new registered users.

Also what do i need to put by user? I cant use the logged in user because it is a sign up, there is no logged in user.

When a user signs up, they automatically get signed in so they will be listed as a logged in user if the action is after a signup.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.