Automatic Screen Reload

Hi. is there any workaround to automatically reload the screen without consuming app actions?

Thank you.

Hi @arkimark,

Autorefreshing list shouldn’t consume app actions (App Actions Dashboard - Adalo Resources) and in some cases may help to refresh data on the screen.

Best,
Victor.

Hi @Victor ,

I understand. But, what I need is to reload the screen, not the list inside the screen. I have a screen action that links to another screen in which the action will only happen if the current data status has been updated by another user.

@arkimark when you turn on automatic list refresh, the list sends the request to Adalo backend every ~1 second to fetch new data.
Along with this data from some other screen components could be reloaded. As a result the content of the screen is refreshed. There are no defined rules how this works (and sometimes it doesn’t), it is an empirical knowledge.

Your question is similar to what has been discussed here Same time click problem/ Only 1 user per task.
In your case you can “wrap” the button with the action into a single-item list (of data record in question) and make it autorefreshing.

Adalo does not have a directive to refresh the screen so you need to find workarounds.

Best,
Victor.

Hi @Victor

Here’s an example, the list below auto refreshes when new record is added. But the currency above (176.61) will only be updated if i reload the screen by going to other screen and go back to this screen.

@arkimark there is no directive in Adalo to reload the screen.

As I mentioned earlier, autorefreshing list may refresh the contents on the whole screen but sometimes it does not do it.
Apparently you are using something like SUM for your top label - I did some testing on my side and reproduced the issue: SUM doesn’t refresh even when put into the refreshing list. I tried various workarounds and it seems that Adalo calculates SUM at the time of screen opening and then never attempts to recalculate it :frowning:
But when you press a button the SUM is recalculated (pressing the button refreshes the screen).

So no good ideas here, sorry (which doesn’t require spending actions).

Best,
Victor.

Hi @Victor

Thank you for the confirmation. I’m still optimistic that there is a solution we have not discovered yet. :slight_smile:

without consuming actions - I can only think of some custom component.

You can refresh the page with countdown timer workarounds, but this will consume app actions :slight_smile:

But I’d be curious to see if this could be resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.