Barcode Scanner App In Adalo

Want to build a barcode scanning app? With Adalo’s QR code scanning component (which can scan barcodes), it’s easy to build an ERP, inventory management, or food tracking app.

Here’s a short clip or the app. The full version is on Knodalo.com (paywall)
Building a Barcode Scanning App on Adalo - YouTube

2 Likes

This is great! Thanks Erik!

Question in regards to displaying the data scanned from a barcode or QR Code:

Is it possible to open a link in a webview from the scanning of a QR code or barcode?

Thanks again!

I haven’t tried using QR codes, so I don’t know what encoded information the reader will pull from those.

For the barcode, it only pulls the UPC number. You’d need to tie that to a URL to open a web page.

1 Like

Gotcha! Makes sense! Thanks for the reply!

That’s great that you’re interested in building a barcode scanning app using Adalo’s QR code scanning component. It’s really impressive that it can also scan barcodes, making it a versatile tool for all kinds of applications, from ERP to inventory management to food tracking.

I just checked out the video you linked, and it looks like a powerful and user-friendly platform. And with Adalo’s QR code scanning component, building a barcode scanning app has never been easier.

I tried different barcode scanning applications. Here is a list of the highest quality ones. Barcode Scanner is available for both Android and iOS devices and allows you to scan various types of barcodes including QR codes. ScanLife Barcode & QR Reader is also available for both Android and iOS devices. This app works very well without any errors. RedLaser includes features like price comparison and product reviews. If you have an Android, QR Code Reader is a great option. Unfortunately, this app is not available for iOS users. There are many other barcode scanner apps available in both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. I am currently using the app from https://smartengines.com/.