Best solution for going through modals?

Wondering if anyone has found a best practice for this scenario. Video demo here: 2021 12 08 14 16 46 - YouTube

The scenario: I have a list of exercises on screen 1. I then click a “more” icon to pull up a modal. Then I select swap to go to a third screen. Once I click a record, it swaps the exercise, then goes back a screen. But it’s still on the modal, so I need to go back again.

I’ve thought of and used different solutions in the past, but was hoping someone had found something better.

Option 1: Instead of a modal, use a hidden menu using visibility rules.
Option 2: Apply a true/false / number to the user when using the modal. Then using a screen action on the modal to go back when it’s true (once the exercise is swapped on the third screen).

Anyone ran into this and found a good solution? In most coded apps, I notice that the modal will pop up, then disappear when clicked, then go to the 3rd screen. I’ve been able to mimic that behavior with a variation of option 2, but won’t work for this setup because I need to send info from within the list to the next screen.

Did you tried like instead of just going back, to link to that initial screen with a cool transition?

I can’t do that in this case because the original screen already has data from previous screens, and needs to go back as well. I have done this in another case though.

I try both options, but like #1 better but a little bit difficult to navigate in the editor.

For #2, I use link back with conditional in visit screen and the conditional is set whenever user go to the 3rd screen.

We can discuss that during our chat today.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.