Improvement suggestion - "Link back"

Hi,
When you create a go “Link back” with a button, the UX is not correct if you add a Modal. If you click the modal and then go back to main page, when you click the go back, it then goes back into the Modal instead of going back to the previous page that a user was before “main page”. This creates an endless loop if user is then pressing “back”.

Ideally, if there is a modal in that page, it should be removed from the “link back” process in the page that, that Modal “lives” in. Thank you.

Yes, please have this added Adalo​:pray::pray::pray: It’s super annoying, no one ever really wants to link back to a modal!

1 Like

The way adalo works is a modal is just a page with a transparent background (I think).

An easy way to solve this is to change the back button link to the page you want it to go to rather than just back.

1 Like

Hi,
That is what I did for my app, using the bottom bar, you can just have the user “forced” to only use there. in the end you can just then add the “back” link in other pages. If you take a look at UberEats, in the regular UX flow, there is no back link button.

1 Like

If your back button alway navigate on others page you will just put more and more pages on your stack and the app will lag.

One main weakness of adalo is the management of the Stack. We need tool to manage this more efficienly and delete pages like we want without using the back button.

More information about that with android documentation :