Button Visibility [ Sometimes ]

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to hide a button based on counts of two collections.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 00.08.50
Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 00.05.10

On screenshot 2, the condition was set that the button SHOULD BE VISIBLE if both the counts are equal. But, on screenshot 1, the button still appears even though the condition is NOT SATISFIED.

Let me know if you experienced this issue and what steps have you undergone to solve it.

Thank you everyone!

Hi JC,

Could you take a screenshot of the filters of the database collection? Also, are you logged in as a user in the app?

1 Like

Hello James,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, I am logged in as a user in the app.

For confidential reasons, I cannot share the DB collection and/or filters.

The image below shows the issue. I am trying to hide the “Mark as Done” button. The 2 counts are the “count” of 2 separate DB collections. My visibility condition is to show the button only if both counts are equal. Clearly, based on the screenshot, 1 and 0 are not equal but still, the button shows.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 22.38.52

Do you mean something like this?

Click on the “sometimes visible button” to see it.

1 Like

I added a visibility condition to a button and it worked.

The Condition.

The button with the screen.

And when I preview it.

It doesn’t shows the button because of the visibility condition. The all users count is 5 and skills count is 10. So no equal between that numbers.

Thank you

As an additional idea, you might want to store the count in users collection first and then later compare it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.