Can a published mobile app be migrated to Adalo 2.0 responsive version?

Hello everyone. I have a legacy Adalo mobile app and I would like to know more about the migration to the Adalo 2.0 responsive version.

The only explanation I can find is this list of steps:

• App Settings
  • Copy and delete
  • Click copy
  • Name your app
  • Select responsive
  • Click Done

But from here I have the following question, when I publish this new app, will it be accepted as a new version of my old app in the markets?

Thank you very much and best regards

Yes just overwrite the existing. You may have to get support to write the sequential version number manually.

Don’t forget to go through the whole app and tweak layout for each screen / component.

Hi Rozza, thank you very much for your quick reply.

When you refer to “Yes just overwrite the existing.”
I understand it is to upload a new version to the Apple Store and not to overwrite the app in Adalo.

Is this correct?

Yes, keep the old Adalo app for now. You are creating a copy of the original, the database should be shared.

When you publish it will get a review, how thorough depends on which way the wind is blowing that day, but if it’s notionally the same app, put an explanation that the overall size may be different due to rebuilding, but the functions remain the same. When it comes to app review, be thorough, lay it out for them, screenshots and video walk throughs are good.

Good luck :+1:

Fully clarified, many thanks again.

1 Like