I’m trying to achieve something that would seems doable, even if slightly difficult, but I just can’t make it work at all and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Here’s the simplified use case:
The following relationships are set:
- Recommendations (Providers): Users can Recommend providers and their recommendations are listed here
- Following (Users): Users can follow other Users
- Manages (Providers): Users can manage Providers
- Managed by (Users): The user who manages the page.
- Recommenders (Users): Users who recommended the page
List of Providers, when clicked on one, go to the Provider Profile Screen and send Current Provider data.
Provider Profile Screen:
Displays information about the Current Provider, as sent from the Home screen, along with a “Recommend” button for Users to Recommend the Provider.
What I am trying to achieve:
When the Recommend button is clicked, add the “Managed by” user(s) for the Current Provider to the “Following” users of the Logged-In user.
I can’t seem to do that however as all I have to add in that field is the Logged-In user.
I can access the “Managed By” field for the Current provider on that screen to display the list of “Recommendations” made by the user(s) listed in the “Managed By” field. I am at a loss as to why I can’t access the “Managed By” field to update the Logged-in user