Chat - how to make it work faster

Hi, any tips on how to make the Adalo Chat work faster?

The messages get written to the database right away but the problem is the web / app screen takes time to refresh. Is there a way to make the screen refresh for web app and native app when new messages arrive?

Thanks,
Leo

Hi @GoodDoctors, well I’m quite satisfied with the speed on PWA, about 1.6 secs as shown below.
Are you getting similar speeds? Although keep in mind that lookup responses will take longer if you have a lot of chat entries.

I’m hoping this will be faster once pushed to Native. (@anon78309838 will this be the case?)

Have you made sure that you have selected the auto refresh option for the list?

I’m hoping this will be faster once pushed to Native. (@Colin will this be the case?)

@Devops this probably wouldn’t make much difference as it’s server related not UI.

I tried Auto-refresh on my side but it doesn’t seem to be any faster

:roll_eyes: I thought that there would be a different architecture structure between PWA and Native, well I’m hoping that at least navigation will be more “snappier” than PWA :crossed_fingers:

Navigation and anything UI related is certainly more “snappier” on native as it loads everything from the device itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.