Chat Issues (empty & duplicated chats)

Hi everyone,

I have two issues with my chat function:

1. A conversation/chat gets created even when no messages have been sent so it ends up displaying on the homepage as an empty conversation

2. Conversations/chats get duplicated when you click on the ‘start a chat’ button even when you already have an existing chat with that person

How can I fix these issues?

Many thanks,

Anna

Hello, can you please provide images of the issues that you’re experiencing?

Thank you!

Yes, sure, here are the screenshots.

And two more

The first issue is that I have is that a chat gets created every time you click on the coffee cup button even if you haven’t sent any messages, and results in an empty chat.

And the second issue is that even if you have a chat with someone created already, if you click the coffee cup button it will duplicate the chat with that person instead of taking you to the existing chat with that person. Attached is an example of that.

Hello, please can you also send the configuration of the coffe button?

Thank you!

Sure, the coffee cup is an icon that’s part of the card list (list of all users). When you click on the icon it creates a new conversation with that user.

Here are all the screenshots for the coffee cup icon.

And one more screenshot. Do you need anything else? Thanks.

Hi Anna,

Could you explain this one a bit more? You mean once you click on a user then the conversations creates but don’t show it on the home screen until a message sent?

You need like not to show the users that the current user is chatting in the list or show them but don’t create a conversation and link it to the conversation that created with that user?

Thank you

Hello, thank you for providing screenshots. The solution is to make all the actions ( in the list of user ) which create a new conversation and update it, sometimes available and it’s when (Logged in user => conversations is equal to 0) then add a filter which will be (Conversation members contain current user). Then add an action that will link you to a new screen that you’ll create which will contains the Logged user conversation filtered with that current user. Then make this action sometimes visible if (Logged in user => conversations is not equal to 0) then add a filter which will be ( conversation members contain current user).

I hope i have solved your problem. And if there’s any updates on it, I’ll be ready to help you.

Thank you!

Hi Ali,

Thanks so much for your help.

However I have this issue. When I create a filter current conversation > members there is no option for current user, just logged in user. Please see the pic attached. Not sure why…

You’re welcome! The (logged in user conversations count and the filter) aren’t for the list. They’re conditions of the actions when you click on the list.

Thank you!

Hi Ali,

The actions (update, create, etc) in the list of users don’t have the option for logged in user, only current user. That’s why I couldn’t create the sometimes visible option there for logged in user and a filter. But there is an option to select logged in user for the list itself, but no option for current user. I don’t know if that makes sense.

Shall I give you the login details so you could take a look at that screen and see how to fix the issue of empty chats and duplicated chats?

Many thanks,

Anna

Anna? If you like you can give access for your app and I’ll fix these issues if they are the ones that like I mentioned.

Hi Dilon,

Shall I give you my login details to take a look?

The chat issues are:

1. When you go to list of members and click on the coffee cup, a chat with that person gets created, but this happens even if you haven’t sent any messages but just clicked on the cup icon and gets displayed as a chat on the homepage. I need this function to happen only when the logged in user decided to send an actual message and not just clicked on the cup icon. Because otherwise if they are trying the app out it just creates those empty chats on the homepage and confuses people because there are no messages in it;

AND

1. If you already have an existing chat with that person if you go back to the members list and click on the coffee cup again with the same person it will create a separate chat, so it duplicates chats when you don’t mean you. I want it to go back to the same chat with that person if you already started one before. Does this make sense?

Second issue is less of a problem but is still annoying for users I think.

Many thanks,

Anna

Ah I got the issues!

For sure! Send it in DM!

Sent!

Many thanks!

Anna

Anna, don’t share private info here because everyone can use them! You can send it to me personally! Now I have singed in to your account and I edited your post too!

Hi Anna,

I have edited your app! You can check them now! Let me know if all works and correct!

Thank you

That’s amazing, I just saw it, it works! Thank you so much! Would it be possible to change the Lottie animation to this coffee cup animation also from lottie files?